Please check our CME schedule for an up-to-date listing of all our live webinars, on-demand webcasts and in-person live event continuing medical education activities.
Claims Rx Risk Management Publication
Each month, NORCAL publishes Claims Rx, featuring claims-based learning and risk management advice to improve patient safety and decrease your risk of a claim. Typically each Claims Rx provides an opportunity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. After reading an issue, complete the post-activity quiz and evaluation to receive your CME certificate.
Visit our online Claims Rx Directory to search an extensive archive of Claims Rx publications across various topics.
2022 Claims Rx Titles *
- January: Workplace Bullying: How it Effects Patient Safety and Liability Risk Exposure
- February: Is it Safe to Send That Text? The Patient Safety and Liability Risks Associated with Text Messaging
- March: Don't Fumble the Hand-off
- April/May: Approaches to Managing Patients with Disruptive Behaviors
- June: Violence in the Office Practice Setting: Preparation and Response
- July: Advanced Practice Professionals: Understanding Your Exposure to Liability
- August: Diabetes - Risk Reduction Across the Continuum of Care
- September: Sexual Misconduct Allegations - Liability, Ethics, and Professionalism
- October: Treating Family, Friends, and Colleagues - Liability, Ethics, and Professionalism
- November: Delayed Diagnosis of Lung Cancer - Risk Reduction Communication Strategies for the Healthcare Team
- December: Diagnosis Errors in the Emergency Department
2021 Claims Rx Topics *
- Don’t Let Bias Affect Your Diagnosis
- Maternal Obesity
- Telemedicine: Current RM Perspectives
- Update History, Exam & Work-up
- Medical Record Documentation Risks and Strategies
- Patient Decision-Making Capacity & Management of Family Dynamics
- Ostensible Agency/Vicarious Liability
- Production Pressure
- Medical Record Management and Access: Risk Management and Ethical Considerations
- Failure to Diagnose and Treat Epidural Abscess
*The list above is topics only, not titles. The need for these topics is supported by risk management field experience and claims data. Topics are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the VP of Risk Management.
MyACCOUNT Online Access
NORCAL policyholders can securely and easily access their account information and hundreds of CME and risk management learning opportunities online any time with MyACCOUNT.
- MyCME Access
Claims Rx — our award-winning monthly digital publication — and a robust library of risk management activities on timely and relevant topics that can help you reduce risk in your practice. Additional online courses, webinars and previously completed activities or transcripts are also available within MyCME.
- Risk Management Resources
Recommendations and sample documents to help you practice safely and reduce risk
- Data Security Resource Center
Data security resources, tools and training material to help you understand and mitigate data breach risk