Please check our CME Events schedule for an up-to-date listing of all our live and webinar-based continuing medical education activities.
Claims Rx Risk Management Publication
Each month, NORCAL Mutual publishes Claims Rx, featuring claims-based learning and risk management advice on both clinical and administrative topics. Typically each Claims Rx provides an opportunity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. After reading an issue, complete the post-activity quiz online to receive your CME certificate.
2017 Claims Rx Topics *
- January: Balancing Efficiency and Safety During Pre-Anesthesia Evaluations
- February: Communicating Critical Findings: Part 1 – Radiology and Emergency Department
- March: Communicating Critical Findings: Part 2 – Pathologists, Ordering Physicians and Relevant Clinicians
- April: Communicating Critical Findings: Part 3 – PCP’s and Patients
- May: Overview of Emergency Medicine Liability Issues
- June/July: The Business of Medicine (2 credit issue)
- August: Overview of Medical Records Issues
- September: Scope of Practice Drift: Part 1 – Hospital-based Issues
- October: Scope of Practice Drift: Part 2 – Physician Office-based Issues
- November: Unanticipated Outcome Disclosure and Ethical Considerations
- December: Diabetes-related Issues
* Topics only, not titles. Topics supported by risk management field experience and claims data. Topics subject to change at any time.
2016 Claims Rx Titles
- January: HIPAA Data Breach Prevention and Management
- February: Communication is the Key to Anticoagulation Therapy Safety
- March: Dealing with Impaired Professionals and Ethical Considerations
- April: Patient Engagement Along the Continuum of Care
- May: Making Empathy a Work-Life Strategy
- June: Adolescents, Their Parents, Consent and Privacy
- July: Preventing Pain Medication Overdose Deaths
- August: Managing Prenatal Windows of Opportunity
- September: Telemedicine Risk Management
- October: Delegating Duties to Medical Assistants
- November: Effective Follow-up Systems Can Reduce Breast Cancer Lawsuits
- December: Bullying in Medical Practice
Online & Mobile CME
Policyholders have access to Claims Rx — NORCAL Mutual’s award winning monthly digital publication — and a robust library of risk management activities on timely and relevant topics that can help reduce risk in their practice.
NORCAL policyholders can securely and easily access their account information and hundreds of CME and risk management learning opportunities online any time with MyACCOUNT.
- Risk Management Resources
Clinical and administrative resources, sample forms, policies and procedures
- EHR Tools
In-depth analyses of EHR systems and issues related to such systems
- DataShield® Learning Center
Resources on cyber liability and other risks covered under our Information and Network Security endorsement
Claims Rx — NORCAL Mutual’s award-winning monthly digital publication — and a robust library of risk management activities on timely and relevant topics that can help you reduce risk in your practice.
Additional online courses, webinars and previously completed activities or transcripts are also available within MyCME.
Fast, simple and convenient CME activities on the go. The free MyNORCAL app for iOS and Android has all the award-winning Claims Rx articles available in MyACCOUNT, automatically syncing your CME activity with your other devices.
Learn more about the MyNORCAL app or download it for free today and use your MyACCOUNT login.