Please check our CME schedule for an up-to-date listing of all our live webinars, on-demand webcasts and in-person live event continuing medical education activities.
Claims Rx Risk Management Publication
Each month, NORCAL publishes Claims Rx, featuring claims-based learning and risk management advice on both clinical and administrative topics. Typically each Claims Rx provides an opportunity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. After reading an issue, complete the post-activity quiz online to receive your CME certificate.
2018 Claims Rx Topics *
- January: Allied Health Providers and Practices/Scope Drift
- February: Telemedicine
- March: Situational Awareness Errors Impacting Anesthesia and Surgery
- April: Protecting the Aging Physician/Surgeon, Patient Safety and Ethical Considerations
- May/June: End-of-Life Issues and Ethical Considerations (Double Issue, 2 CME)
- July: Emerging Trends in Claims: Failure to Diagnose and Treat Hepatitis (Part One in a Two-Part Series)
- August: Emerging Trends in Claims: Failure to Diagnose and Treat Cervical Cancer (Part Two in a Two-Part Series)
- September: Diagnostic Error: Problems with History, Exam & Work-up
- October: Diagnostic Error: Breast Cancer
- November: Diagnostic Error: Issues in Radiology
- December: Clinician Burnout and Prevention
* The list above is topics only, not titles. The need for these topics is supported by risk management field experience and claims data. Topics are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the VP of Risk Management.
2017 Claims Rx Titles
- January: Balancing Efficiency and Safety During Pre-Anesthesia Evaluations
- February: Communicating Critical Findings: Part 1 – Radiology to ED
- March: Communicating Critical Findings: Part 2 – Anatomic Pathologist to Ordering and Primary Care Physician
- April: Communicating Critical Findings: Part 3 – PCP to Patients
- May: Emergency Medicine
- June/July: Managing Risk on the Business Side of Medicine (2 credit issue)
- August: Maternal, Mortality, Liability and Safety Risks
- September: Physician Practice Drift in Office Settings
- October: Co-Management of Hospitalized Patients: The Risk of Poorly Defined Physician Roles
- November: Responding to Unanticipated Outcomes: First Conversations
- December: Diabetes: Managing the Risks in Primary Care
Online & Mobile CME
Policyholders have access to Claims Rx — our award winning monthly digital publication — and a robust library of risk management activities on timely and relevant topics that can help reduce risk in their practice.
NORCAL policyholders can securely and easily access their account information and hundreds of CME and risk management learning opportunities online any time with MyACCOUNT.
- Risk Management Resources
Clinical and administrative resources, sample forms, policies and procedures
- EHR Tools
In-depth analyses of EHR systems and issues related to such systems
- Data Security Resource Center
Data security resources, tools and training material to help you understand and mitigate data breach risk.
Claims Rx — our award-winning monthly digital publication — and a robust library of risk management activities on timely and relevant topics that can help you reduce risk in your practice.
Additional online courses, webinars and previously completed activities or transcripts are also available within MyCME.
Fast, simple and convenient CME activities on the go. The free MyNORCAL app for iOS and Android has all the award-winning Claims Rx articles available in MyACCOUNT, automatically syncing your CME activity with your other devices.
Learn more about the MyNORCAL app or download it for free today and use your MyACCOUNT login.