Please check our CME schedule for an up-to-date listing of all our live webinars, on-demand webcasts and in-person live event continuing medical education activities.
Claims Rx Risk Management Publication
Each month, NORCAL publishes Claims Rx, featuring claims-based learning and risk management advice to improve patient safety and decrease your risk of a claim. Typically each new Claims Rx provides an opportunity for AMA PRA Category .5 Credits™. After reading an issue, complete the post-activity quiz and evaluation to receive your CME certificate.
Visit our online Claims Rx Directory to search an extensive archive of Claims Rx publications across various topics.
2023 Claims Rx Titles
- February: Labor and Delivery Team: Communication Strategies for Risk Reduction
- April: Diagnostic Errors in Radiology: Lessons from the Field
- June: Direct Liability in Healthcare
- August: Urgent Care Center Emergencies: Learning from Diagnostic Errors to Prevent and Mitigate Claims
2022 Claims Rx Titles
An opportunity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ is available for 2022 issues.
- January: Workplace Bullying: How it Effects Patient Safety and Liability Risk Exposure
- February: Is it Safe to Send That Text? The Patient Safety and Liability Risks Associated with Text Messaging
- March: Don't Fumble the Hand-off
- April/May: Approaches to Managing Patients with Disruptive Behaviors
- June: Violence in the Office Practice Setting: Preparation and Response
- July: Advanced Practice Professionals: Understanding Your Exposure to Liability
- August: Diabetes - Risk Reduction Across the Continuum of Care
- September: Sexual Misconduct Allegations - Liability, Ethics, and Professionalism
- October: Treating Family, Friends, and Colleagues - Liability, Ethics, and Professionalism
- November: Delayed Diagnosis of Lung Cancer - Risk Reduction Communication Strategies for the Healthcare Team
- December: Diagnosis Errors in the Emergency Department