San Francisco (Mar. 5, 2020) — NORCAL Group Foundation is pleased to announce grant funding awards for nine community healthcare programs spanning five states. These exceptional organizations were chosen as grant recipients of the Foundation’s Fall 2019 grant cycle based on their commitment to improving healthcare in their communities through patient care, patient safety, health education and physician wellness.
The NORCAL Group Foundation grant recipients for Fall 2019 are both varied in their scope of projected outcomes and their reach into the communities they serve. They were selected from an impressively diverse applicant pool, the largest in NORCAL Group Foundation history, for their demonstrated alignment with the mission and focus areas of the Foundation.
The Fall 2019 NORCAL Group Foundation Award recipients include:
- Anchorage Project Access (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Caregivers Journal (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Inland Wellness Information Network (Redlands, Calif.)
- Pajaro Valley Community Health Trust (Watsonville, Calif.)
- Pediatric and Family Medical Center (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- San Diego County Medical Society Foundation (San Diego, Calif.)
- Southwest Florida Free Pain Clinic (Fort Myers, Fla.)
- The Arc Minnesota (St. Paul, Minn.)
- Westminster Free Clinic (Thousand Oaks, Calif.)
Julie Burns, president of the NORCAL Group Foundation, stated that the Board was moved by the unique and innovative ways in which the grantees will use the Foundation’s financial support to genuinely impact their respective communities. “From providing free dental screenings at public libraries in underserved communities to virtual support groups for family caregivers, we feel privileged to be a part of program success for these organizations,” said Burns.
Since its launch in 2017, the NORCAL Group Foundation has awarded grants to 37 programs. The Foundation formalizes NORCAL Group’s more than 40-year commitment of giving and advocacy in our caregiver communities to support the practice of good medicine.
About NORCAL Group Foundation
Established in 2017, the NORCAL Group Foundation is a non-profit organization established by NORCAL Mutual Insurance Company. For more information on eligibility and giving cycles, please visit norcalgroupfoundation.org.