San Francisco (May 10, 2021) — NORCAL Group Foundation is pleased to announce grant funding awards for 11 community healthcare programs. These exceptional organizations were chosen as grant recipients of the Foundation’s Spring 2021 grant cycle based on their commitment to improving healthcare in their communities through patient care, patient safety, health education, and physician wellness. This year’s funding support also included COVID-19 relief and response.
The NORCAL Group Foundation grant recipients for Spring 2021 are both varied in their scope of projected outcomes and their reach into the communities they serve. They were selected from an impressively diverse applicant pool for their demonstrated alignment with the mission and focus areas of the Foundation:
- The Arc Minnesota, Inc. (St. Paul, Minn.)
- Caregivers Journal (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Christian Health Associates (Anchorage, Ala.)
- Christian Medical Ministries (Fort Myers, Fla.)
- Project Angel Food (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center (Hartford, Conn.)
- Samaritan House (San Mateo, Calif.)
- San Diego County Medical Society Foundation (San Diego, Calif.)
- South County Community Health Center, Inc. (Palo Alto, Calif.)
- Westminster Free Clinic (Thousand Oaks, Calif.)
- Westside Family Health Center (Culver City, Calif.)
The Foundation’s financial support will help provide services such as access to critically needed healthcare for uninsured low-income residents (example: Westminster Free Clinic); weekend meals for elementary school children who might otherwise go hungry (Project Angel Food); and COVID-19 relief (Caregivers Journal).
Since its launch in 2017, the NORCAL Group Foundation has awarded grants to 52 programs. The Foundation formalizes NORCAL Group’s more than 40-year commitment of giving and advocacy in our caregiver communities to support the practice of good medicine. We appreciate everyone who submitted their applications. For more information, visit norcalgroupfoundation.org.