Welcome! Please read these terms and conditions of use ("Terms") carefully before using this website. Accessing, browsing or using this website is a privilege subject to the following Terms and indicates your agreement and acceptance of these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you may not use this website.
This website is owned and operated by NORCAL Insurance Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries (referred to herein as "NORCAL," "we," "us," or "our"). We reserve the right to modify the Terms at any time with or without notice to you. Such changes are effective immediately upon posting on this website. You are deemed to receive notice of such revisions at the time of posting and are bound by any such changes to the Terms.
1. Conditions of Use. The information contained on this website, including all web page documents, audio and video files, all data and all content (the "Site" or "Website") is intended for general informational purposes only and is provided for your use conditional upon your acceptance without modification of the Terms.
In order to access and use the insurance plans and certain services on this Website, you must create an account and provide us with personal and other requested information. You agree to provide accurate and complete information. You agree not to impersonate, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person’s username, password or other account information or another person’s name, likeness, voice, image or photograph. You agree to keep all user IDs and passwords confidential and protect them from compromise or disclosure to third parties. If you suspect that a password has been compromised for any reason (e.g., the password has been disclosed to an unauthorized person) please notify NORCAL as soon as possible. You are responsible for any breaches of security relating to use of any user ID and password until NORCAL has disabled it. You (and not NORCAL) will be liable for any use made of your account or password and the losses of NORCAL or others due to such unauthorized use. To ensure NORCAL is responsive to insureds' needs, you agree that NORCAL may have access to your account and records as necessary to provide its online billing services.
2. Resources. NORCAL provides you with access to a variety of resources, including but not limited to medical professional liability insurance, claims handling, accounting and billing, and risk management information (collectively, the "Resources"). We do not warrant that the content on this Website is applicable to your individual circumstances. The content should not be construed as a coverage interpretation of any policy in whole or in part. For complete descriptions of the terms, conditions and exclusions of insurance coverages or other products or services, please contact your insurance representative or refer to the particular policy or contract. The content is not intended to be a substitute for, nor does it constitute professional advice regarding legal, medical, tax or financial planning matters and you should not construe it as such. By using these Resources and accepting these Terms, you agree that you are using such resources at your sole risk and that if you are dissatisfied with the Site or any of the materials, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the Site and the materials.
Any and all materials on the risk management portion of this Website, including those currently posted, those posted in the future and any resources returned through a Search of this Site (collectively, “Risk Management Resources”) are provided for the use of NORCAL policyholders only. The Risk Management Resources are intended to provide information on risk management issues in your state and are not legal advice. Physicians or practice managers who desire or need legal advice should consult an attorney.
3. Use Limitation. While we encourage you to print information to help you utilize the Resources, unless otherwise specified, Resources on this Site, including but not limited to the content of the Site, may not be modified, copied, downloaded, transmitted, distributed, performed, reproduced, published, licensed, transferred, sold, or used to create works from or used in any other way, except (i) as provided in Sections 5 and 6, below, or (ii) with the prior written permission of NORCAL and with express attribution to NORCAL. You may not alter or attempt to alter any material on the Site, or the Site itself. You also may not, without our permission, "mirror" any material contained on this Site on any other server. Any unauthorized use of any material contained on this Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and communication regulations and statutes. You represent and agree that you are at least 13 years of age and that if you are younger than 13 you will not use this Site.
4. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use. Please feel free to browse the Site; however, your access and use of the Site is subject to these Terms and all applicable laws. You may not use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, or impair any NORCAL server or interfere with any other person's use and enjoyment of the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any NORCAL server or to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Site. Your rights to use this Site may be further limited by federal law or the laws or regulations in your particular state or locality. NORCAL may, in its sole discretion, and at any time, modify or discontinue the Site, or limit, terminate or suspend your use of the Site.
5. Ownership, Copyright And Trademark. All content included on this Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software, the compilation of all content on this Site, and all software used on this Site are the property of NORCAL, its affiliates or its content suppliers, and are protected by United States and international copyright laws. You agree and acknowledge that NORCAL is the owner or licensee of all rights in this Site and the materials that appear on the Site and that you will not challenge those rights or do anything that might impair or damage those rights. The trademarks, logos and service marks used and displayed on this Site (the "Trademark(s)") are registered and unregistered trademarks of NORCAL and others. Under no circumstances may you use any of the Trademarks, whether owned by or licensed to us. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademarks or materials except as described in the remainder of this section or without the written permission of NORCAL or the Trademark owner.
You are authorized only to visit, view and retain a single copy of pages of this Site solely for your own individual, noncommercial use, and you agree that you will not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute any material on this Site for any purpose other than your own individual, noncommercial use without NORCAL’s prior written consent, except as follows:
None of the legal notices and various credits posted on the pages of this Site, however, may be removed under any circumstances.
You (i) may not establish a link to any part of this Site, except as provided in Section 6, below; (ii) may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any marks; or (iii) use any meta tags or any other hidden text utilizing the marks, unless you have NORCAL’s prior written consent.
If you believe that any of your work was copied by another in a way that infringes your copyrights and is posted on this Site, please provide NORCAL with the following information: (1) a description of your work that you believe was infringed; (2) a description of the work believed to be infringing and where it appears on the Site; and (3) your contact information - name address, telephone number and e-mail address. This information should be accompanied by a statement that you believe, in good faith, that the infringing use is not authorized and that, under penalty of perjury, all of the information in this notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. This notice should be signed and provided to NORCAL's designated copyright agent at:
NORCAL Insurance Company
4651 Salisbury Road, Suite 410
Jacksonville, Florida 32256
6. Linking to the Website and Social Media Features. You may link to NORCAL’s homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on NORCAL’s part without our express written consent.
This Site may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
NORCAL may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
7. Duration of This Agreement. This Agreement will continue to be effective until you or we terminate it. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying any and all materials you obtained from this Site, and by ceasing to use the Site in any way. We may terminate this Agreement immediately and without notice if we, in our sole discretion, decide that you have failed to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement or if we decide to modify the terms and conditions governing future use of the Site.
8. Information Provided By You. You agree, through the use of this Website, that you will not send any confidential or proprietary information belonging to you or any other entity to us unless specifically requested by us. Any material information or idea you transmit to or post on this Site by any means will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be disseminated or used by NORCAL or its affiliates for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing and marketing products and/or services. Any contact or communication which you may make with us or our employees via this Site must be for NORCAL business-related purposes, and all such communications are property of NORCAL and subject to review and monitoring by us. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to this Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law. You understand that information transmitted over public networks may be accessed by third parties and NORCAL will not be liable for any such unauthorized disclosure.
NORCAL and its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new products or technologies, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not send any original creative artwork, samples, demos or other works. The purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when NORCAL's products, services or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to NORCAL. So, please do not send your unsolicited ideas to NORCAL or anyone at NORCAL. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas and materials, you still send them, please understand that NORCAL makes no assurances that your ideas and materials will be treated as confidential or proprietary.
9. Premium Indications. Any premium indication or cost comparison provided on or through this Site is not a contract, binder or agreement to extend insurance coverage. The coverage information in our premium indications or cost comparisons are based on the most common coverage selected by our customers, and actual coverage available may vary based on the laws of each state.
If a policy is issued to you, the premium will be based on the information, rates and rules in effect at that time for the issuing insurance company. Premium indications or cost comparisons are based on the information provided by you, and all information is subject to verification. If any information you provided is inaccurate, incomplete, or additional information is discovered, the quoted rate will be invalid and a new rate may apply. To obtain coverage, you must submit an application to a qualified representative and a policy must be issued to you.
10. Third Party Content and Linked Sites. You acknowledge that the opinions and recommendations expressed or made available in this Site are those of the respective author(s) and are not necessarily those of NORCAL or endorsed by NORCAL. This Site contains links to other sites created and maintained by other organizations, which may or may not be related to NORCAL. These links are provided for your convenience and are for reference only, and you agree that links do not imply that NORCAL is affiliated or associated with these organizations or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright of NORCAL. Further, mention of third-party products, companies and websites on this Site are for informational purposes only and constitute neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. NORCAL provides this information only as a convenience to you, and we make no representation whatsoever regarding the content of any other websites. When you access a non-NORCAL website, please understand that it is independent from NORCAL and that we have no control over the contents of that website. A link to a non-NORCAL website does not mean that NORCAL endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such website. NORCAL makes no representations regarding the quality, safety or suitability of any products or services by third-party companies. All third-party products or services must be ordered directly from the vendor and all licenses and warranties, if any, are made between you and the vendor.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability. Your use and browsing of this Site is at your sole risk. If you are dissatisfied with the Site or any of the materials on the Site, or with any of the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the Site.
This Website, and the information contained on this Website, are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable laws, both current and future, NORCAL disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, noninfringement and other violations of rights. NORCAL (including its officers, directors, employees and agents) does not warrant that this Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
NORCAL (including its officers, directors, employees and agents) does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the information on this Website, or any materials or information obtained at linked Internet addresses, in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise, including but not limited to errors or omissions, the accuracy or reasonableness of factual or scientific assumptions, studies or conclusions, the defamatory nature of statements, ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights, and the violation of property, privacy, or personal rights of others. You (and not NORCAL) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction.
NORCAL also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property as a result of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this Website. Under no circumstances shall NORCAL (including its officers, directors, employees and agents) be liable for direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages.
The Website is being provided by NORCAL to you as a free additional service. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for any and all liabilities arising from your use of the Website and/or disclosure of any information obtained there from. You agree not to seek reimbursement from NORCAL and its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, attorneys, affiliates and sublicensees and each of their respective successors for any and all damages, costs, expenses and other liabilities including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees and expenses relating to any claim arising out or resulting from your access to the Website or your use, disclosure or authorization for NORCAL to disclose any data or content thereon.
12. Secured Areas/Passwords. Some portions of this Website are password protected and require authorization for access. Unauthorized use of or access to these areas is prohibited. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of or access to such areas may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. Attempts to access such areas without authorization and any information obtained may be given to law enforcement organizations in connection with any investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on this system. If you are an authorized user of any password-protected area, you are responsible to maintain the security/confidentiality of your password. Do not share your password with anyone. NORCAL will not ask you for your password. If you know or suspect that your password has been compromised, change your password immediately. If you suspect any unauthorized activity related to your account, contact NORCAL.
13. Jurisdiction and Governing Law. You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts of law principles, will apply to all matters regarding the use of this Site. You also agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts in the State of California with respect to such matters. NORCAL makes no representation that this Site or the materials displayed on this Site are appropriate or available for use in any other jurisdictions or countries. If you attempt to access, use or download the materials from this Site from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with the laws of other jurisdictions.
Not all products are offered by all of the NORCAL companies nor are all products available for residents of all states. This Website is not an advertisement of insurance in any state or district except as indicated below for each company.
NORCAL Insurance Company,575 Market Street, Suite 1000, San Francisco, CA 94105, is authorized to transact business in the District of Columbia and in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
FD Insurance Company, 4651 Salisbury Road, Suite 410, Jacksonville, Florida 32256, is authorized to transact business in the following states: Florida and Georgia.
Medicus Insurance Company, 6034 West Courtyard Drive, Suite 310, Austin, TX 78730, is authorized to transact business in the District of Columbia and in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
NORCAL Specialty Insurance Company, 1700 Bent Creek Boulevard, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050-1865, is authorized to transact business in the following states: Delaware and Pennsylvania.